Electrical Contractor Copiague NY

Top Signs that You Need to Call a Commercial Electrician – Copiague

When Long Islanders are in need of a residential electrician or commercial electrician, MJ Electric is the first company they call. With more than Two decades of experience, their certified electrical contractors are masters of their trade. Offering a “Done Once, Done Right” guarantee on each and every job that they do, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that the experts at MJ Electric will not only meet your electrical needs but exceed them.

When the lights out or an electrical outlet blows in your home, a simple flip of your circuit breaker may be enough to remedy the situation; however, in some situations, you might need to call in the pros to handle your electrical repairs. This is especially true in commercial spaces.

If you notice any of the following issues in your office building, warehouse, restaurant, retail store – or any other commercial building – don’t try to take matters into your own hands; contact a commercial electrician instead.

Shocks

If you experience a tingling sensation when you flip on a light switch or when you plug in or turn on an electrical appliance, you’ll want to have a professional electrical company perform an inspection. Why? – Because faulty wiring could be to blame, and that’s something that a professional will need to address.

A certified electrical contractor will inspect the issue to determine the cause. If it’s found that bad wiring is the cause of the electrical shocks you’ve been experiencing, a professional will be able to properly correct the problem so that you can avoid serious issues.

Overheated Fixtures

If any of the fixtures in your place of business – lighting, appliances, computers, etc – are hot to the touch, professional electrical services are definitely going to be necessary.

The fixture itself could be the cause and replacing it could correct the problem; however, hot fixtures could be a sign of a more serious problem. For example, if it’s your overhead lighting fixtures, they may not be properly insulated, or if it’s an appliance, bad wiring could be the cause. Whatever the reason, overheated fixtures need to be handled as soon as possible; if the problem isn’t addressed, they can become a fire hazard.

A Burning Smell

If it smells like something is burning whenever you turn on a light or plug in an appliance, you’ve got a serious problem on your hands. First, head to the electrical panel and shut it off. Next, contact an experienced commercial electrician. Never, under any circumstances, should you attempt to fix the problem yourself, as a burning smell is a sign of a major electrical malfunction. A reputable and experienced electrical contractor will pinpoint the cause – which could be anything from an overloaded electrical system to problems with the wiring – and correct it.

Flickering Lights

Often, a flickering light bulb is nothing more than a sign that a bulb is loose, is about to blow out, or is otherwise defective. If the light is flickering, try tightening or replacing it; but, if the problem persists, you’ll want to call in an expert. There could be something wrong with the wiring in the fixture itself or with the wiring in your electrical system. These are issues that are best left in the hands of a professional.

Faulty Outlets and Lights

Are lights not turning on when you flip the switch, even though you’ve just changed the bulb? Is an appliance not working when you plug it into one receptacle, but it works when it’s plugged into another? When the rest of your commercial building has power but one light or receptacle won’t work more than likely it’s a sign that there’s something wrong with the electrical wiring; something that only a professional should address.

Constant Outages

Circuit breakers are supposed to trip when they become overloaded. This safety feature prevents overheating and reduces the risk of a fire. While occasional tripping probably isn’t a sign of a serious problem, if you’re constantly running to the circuit breaker to flip it back on, something isn’t right and you’ll need to have a reputable electrical contractor diagnose and repair the problem.

MJ Electric: One of Long Island’s Most Trusted Electrical Companies

Electrical issues need to be taken seriously. If you notice any of the above problems, don’t put risk the safety of your employees, your clients, and yourself; contact MJ Electric as soon as possible. Their expert technicians will perform a thorough inspection, make an accurate diagnosis, and make the necessary repairs. Dial 631-346-6300 for all of your commercial electric needs.

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.